Russell Brand to star in Drop Dead Fred remake

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by edesignuk, Apr 29, 2009.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC.

I can see him playing a crazy imaginary friend quite well actually. Rik Mayall's portrayal is going to be hard to beat though, he's very good at the crazy™.

2. politickle macrumors member

I see no reason to remake that film, other than milking money from a good idea. What next? A remake of The Dark Night?

Ridiculous.

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

They can't re-make Drop Dead Fred! :eek: That's like blasphemy or something.

I think Brand's brand of flamboyance will screw up the Fred character. I'll still give it a watch though. :D

"You see when something's not working right, the best thing to do is tear it apart to make it better."

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Groan!! I wish Russell Brand would...I dunno, disappear. He must be the most unfunny popular comic in/from the UK. There are plenty in the US. but none so irritating as Brand... and I agree, the movie is not even 20 years old. Why remake it??

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I wish Russell Brand would drop dead.

Uh.....no need to re-make this one. Too soon, I think. It's like when Jessica Simpson released a cover of "Angels" by Robbie Williams.

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i dont know why ppl dont like Russell Brand. i find his stand up to be pretty good. and he was great in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. i will be sure to check out the movie.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Yeah, he was good in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Other than that, I don't care much for his work.

However, I have met him before, and he was a pretty nice guy. He was really quiet, which is completely opposite of his on-screen persona. I found that amusing.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^It would have been different if you had a vagina, and it doesn't even matter how old and wrinkly it is. :p

9. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

haha true. he was a supposedly a sexaholic but claims he's over it.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

I know.... One of the girls (nothing special in the looks department) that was with us gave him her number, and he started sending her very vulgar texts of what he'd like to do to her.

11. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Well, I'll admit that I thought he was alright on Have I Got News For You, but his stand up 'comedy' show with the spliced in old public safety films was maddeningly bad, IMO. ...

12. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wait what? I was about to bring up his "performance" on that show. The guys an epic tool who I find difficult to watch and I'll actively not watch his programmes/films/radio or whatever finger his pie is in that day. HIGNFY is my favourite show on TV but he ruined that episode.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I don't get his appeal, he is not all that funny. He seems like a hit and run comic, in a few years nobody will remember him. Kinda like Dane Cook.

15. Fake Hipster macrumors member

He was pretty funny in that movie. His twitter sucks.