Russian MacBook Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by g-boac, Aug 27, 2008.

1. g-boac macrumors 6502

Quick question - can anybody tell me what a/c power is used in Moscow, Russia? And whether I would need a transformer, or power adapter (and what kind of adapter) in order to be able to plug in my MacBook or MacBook Pro into an a/c outlet in Russia?

I've been told, but only notionally, that Macbooks and MacBook Pros have "internal transformers" that can handle any sort of power input. Any help would be appreciated!!

thanks,
    Mark

2. DLS macrumors newbie

A word of caution on AC power in Moscow.

When I was in Moscow I noticed that some hotels had one 110V 'Western' outlet that accepted standard North American style plugs. While the voltage was stepped down to 110VAC, the FREQUENCY was still 50hz (North American standard is 60hz). I don't know whether or not the standard North American macbook AC adapter can accept 50hz or not.

3. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Standard MagSafe works 100-240V and 50-60Hz. I think that should cover virtually all of the world !!

And it is written on the white brick anyway.....

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

A few years ago, I took my PC to Kaliningrad (haven't yet travelled abroad with my MBP) and used the standard European socket/plug and it worked perfectly; all airport electrical shops will have the world wide adaptor socket/plug (electrical stores and Apple have them too), so simply pick one up, and carry it in your suitcase/bag permanently for travel purposes. Cheers and good luck with it.