Russian retailer Svyaznoy said "iPhone 6 will be sold in September"

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Considering a new iPhone would come with a new iOS version, it would seem that iOS 8 would need to be in developer beta pretty much at this time for it to be out in that July timeframe with the new iPhone.

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Isn't this the typical month of the iPhone release? I can't wait.
Typical for some countries (like the US, parts of Europe, etc), but other countries get the new models a few months afterward. So what the OP is saying is since Russia traditionally gets the new iPhones late, it's possible that since they claim a September release there it'll be announced/released earlier this year in the summer for the US, parts of Europe, etc.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Typical for some countries (like the US, parts of Europe, etc), but other countries get the new models a few months afterward. So what the OP is saying is since Russia traditionally gets the new iPhones late, it's possible that since they claim a September release there it'll be announced/released earlier this year in the summer for the US, parts of Europe, etc.
Thank you for making it clearer. I'm also hearing it may be out this summer too to compete with some other smartphone, Samsung maybe.

marvz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2012
Berlin
Considering a new iPhone would come with a new iOS version, it would seem that iOS 8 would need to be in developer beta pretty much at this time for it to be out in that July timeframe with the new iPhone.
As I said before perhaps Apple releases the iPhone 6 with iOS 7 and then in late fall they are releasing the iWatch together with iOS 8.
But on the other side last years iPhone 5s leaks started around april/may and it was released in September. Since we haven't seen that much iPhone 6 leaks I assume it will be September again..