RW2 for panasonic digital camera DMC-GF1

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tula, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Tula macrumors newbie

I cannot import RAW images from the Panasonic DMC-GF1 to my Mac. It is a relatively new type of digital camera; is there free software available?
    Tula

2. davegregory macrumors regular

The Silkypix program that came with your GF1 has a Mac version on the disk. That is the free program you need to use for RAW files on the GF1 if you don't use Adobe Lightroom. I'm not a big fan of the program, but it will get the job done for free.

I just bought one of those myself yesterday. Can't wait to get out and do some shooting with it.

Enjoy!

3. Tula thread starter macrumors newbie

panasonic digital camera silkypix software

Hi davegregory, I tried to install silkypix but I can't get it to open. Any ideas?
    Tula

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Apple is slow in recognizing some cameras

Us users of the LX3 and D-Lux4 have been waiting over a year for Apple support of the RAW format... hope that it will not be as long for the Olympus EP series and the the GF1...

For now we are left with the software that came with our cameras - or using Adobe ACR 5.x

5. G.T. macrumors 6502a

Hey I just got the GF1 yesterday and own a mac, the RAW format isn't recognised (yet), I have CS4 but its not recognised. I would expect updates for this soon. As for the software it installed fine on my mac and I can use it with the RAW images.

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Update to the latest ACR.....

7. davegregory macrumors regular

Tula,

Not sure why you can't install the silkypix program. I never used the version that came with my GF1, so I won't be much help. You could try panasonic support.

Also, you could try this program.
    http://www.raw-photo-processor.com
    It supports the GF1 as well as numerous other programs.

8. Modiano49 macrumors newbie

RW2 to Mac

This works - just tried it.

Get Adobe Photoshop Elements for Mac. Open the RAW images in Photoshop, then save as a jpeg. Important that image into Mac.