RX580 DisplayPort issues

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Tetsuka, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Tetsuka macrumors newbie

hey guys
    I hope you can help me fix my problem.
    I reinstalled my High Sierra because my Windows Dual Boot crushed it. After removing my GT120 to use my Sapphire 580 Nitro I no longer get a Signal via Display Port. HDMI works fine. DisplayPort Adapter to HDMI works too. Only a direct connection via DisplayPort doesn’t work. I use a LG 21:9 FreeSync Display for gaming so I really need this Display Port connection.

2. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Bit of a long shot but...

Did you try moving the DisplayPort cable to the other DisplayPort? My Sapphire RX 580 8GB Pulse does this too, after I've put the GT120 back in my system. Changing the cable from one port to the other seems to wake it up again.

3. bookemdano macrumors 65816

I had some weird issues like that with the 580 (Pulse 8GB) when I first got it and was switching back and forth between the Mojave beta and my main drive (which was HS). I didn't have another GPU installed, so I assumed it was something weird about the Mojave beta. Or maybe SIP being disabled (which I had done for something). In any case, it stopped doing that during one of the later Mojave betas so I never bothered to troubleshoot it further.

That's good advice though--test all the card's outputs.

And try a PRAM reset too.

4. developstopfix macrumors newbie

developstopfix

I think I'm having a similar issue with my Pulse RX580 8GB only with Windows 10. The card works fine in Mojave, all outputs work great, but if I reboot into Windows 10 I get nothing on the display until I remove and reinsert the Displayport cable. Same with DVI. HDMI seems to work fine. I actually thought it might be an issue with this individual card since it was an ex-mining card I got used on eBay, but I ordered the same exact card new from Amazon and it displays the same exact issue.

5. Tetsuka thread starter macrumors newbie

finally I did a fresh install of MacOS vis USB....
    display is working again!
    Was it a driver issue? I don't know. Thanks for you help folks!

6. Tetsuka thread starter macrumors newbie

this **** drives me crazy..
    the update to 10.13.6 f**** it all up
    I tried it two times. The issue comes back with this update and won't disappear with the latest Mojave.
    Everything works fine with 10.13.5 so I will keep it like this. Maybe I will try it again with 10.14.3+

How can I hide the update to 10.13.6? macOS remembers me every day to update the OS