Ryokosy Thin case - iPhone Xs / Xs Max

BradCN

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2014
Australia
I've seen some interest in this case around the boards but haven't seen a place with any concrete information. This thread is devoted to any information or questions related to the Ryokosy Thin case for iPhone Xs and Xs Max:
https://ryokosy.com/products/the-thin-case-for-iphone-xs-max?variant=12681360474135

https://ryokosy.com/products/thin-case-for-iphone-xs?variant=12681276784663
3A268182-724D-4089-AD48-3CA9F09BBDC5.png
9BC382C9-32BB-4512-AF28-2B3A7689391D.png
746844FA-6BDB-4583-80F2-694A1E617D88.png
C6FABAF9-0E82-4FF3-936D-30A245D32D2E.png

I’ve just pre-ordered one black and one transparent for iPhone Xs Max. Will share more updates here.

Feel free to join the discussion.

Reactions: James_Wood

BradCN

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2014
Australia
they got clear transparent as well. looks neutral
Yeah but I am not big fun of TPU although when I emailed them they said it is combination of TPU reinforced with Hard plastic. However the other 4 colors are different material and they provide better hand grip. I don’t wanna risk it with slippery case. So I went for those with better hand grip. Will share some pictures once I receive the cases.

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
How does this differ from the peel, caudabe, tozo, etc, etc, etc?

I appreciate all variety and case creation competition, but curious of what made you choose this over the other similar designs.

James_Wood

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2018
How does this differ from the peel, caudabe, tozo, etc, etc, etc?

I appreciate all variety and case creation competition, but curious of what made you choose this over the other similar designs.
haha, yeah I hear you. That's actually what made me come here. was looking for thin case for my Xs, went online and few popped up. So I had to look around and ended up here.
Basically what I liked about this case, from the product picture there is a dotted texture on the back, I emailed Ryokosy and they confirmed that they are using special molding to provide that texture and improve the handgrip.

Plus I used Peel on my 6s Plus and I was quite happy with it, so getting a similar thin case, with an extra feature and cheaper was worth the shot. Will see when I get it, can always return it if I am not satisfied.

Last edited:

highertechnology

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2009
haha, yeah I hear you. That's actually what made me come here. was looking for thin case for my Xs, went online and few popped up. So I had to look around and ended up here.
Basically what I liked about the this case, from the product picture there is a dotted texture on the back, I emailed Ryokosy and they confirmed that they are using special molding to provided that texture and improve the handgrip.

Plus I used Peel on my 6s Plus and I was quite happy with it, so getting a similar thin case, with an extra feature and cheaper was worth the shot. Will see when I get it, can always return it if I am not satisfied.
Awesome.

Please post pics when you get it. I’m an accessory junky and always open to try new ones.

Reactions: James_Wood

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
If it's grippy, I will consider it. I found those extra thin cases to be quite slippery.

MalcolmMac

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2018
I got the black for my Xs Space grey from amazon. The all black set up looks nice. Now need to find a screen protector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.