?s about using Pro Tools LE 6

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Gadgetech, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Gadgetech macrumors newbie

I have an older iMac (just before the intel chip) that I bought what must've been 5 years ago I guess along with an mbox2 and Pro Tools LE 6. I also have a small board that has 6 inputs I believe so I could use more than the 2 xlr inputs provided by the mbox2. I also have a keyboard that I was running in. Basically I bought this setup to record my sax playing, my wifes singing and my midi keyboard. I had it up and running one time and it seemed like could never get it going again. Now we are getting ready to purchase a 27" iMac i5 that we will use GB on for the time being but I really want to use the older iMac to use PT eventually since it was a really good setup at the time (not sure if it's still so today). Is there any good material that I can read up on that will assist with properly setting up the board to the mbox2 to the iMac as well as something that will help with understanding how to run that confounded application? I actually interned in a studio during a semester while in University (don't ask how that train got off the tracks) but they used an old 2" MCI (this was in the early 90s) so I don't understand the digital stuff so well but I think I have a pretty good knack for learning as long as I can see progress along the way.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate your responses.

2. scooterguitar macrumors regular

Per specifics, I can't help.
    But, I can suggest their website forums that have tons of info, as I recently got an interface that is Digidesign and uses the current PTLE 8.
    try digidesign/avid's faqs or forums. I am positive similar ?'s have been posted, maybe even sticked over there.
    Also, gearslutz is a GREAT forum with tons of specific info.
    Best of luck:)

3. Gadgetech thread starter macrumors newbie

Excellent, thank you.

4. scooterguitar macrumors regular