S iPhones are usually easier to get on release day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikeyfabs, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Mikeyfabs macrumors member

Will this year be different? Or do you think most people upgraded to a 6/6+ within the last year. I am using Verizon EDGE to upgrade this year so I have to go to a Verizon store or use the website since I can't do it through apple and was wondering if I should try to pre order or go to the verizon store after work?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I would beg to differ on that point. From my experience the S models are just as hard to get as the non S models.

3. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I think there can be exceptions to this. For example, the gold iPhone 5s was hard to get for a while after its release. I'm expecting the same for the rose gold iPhone 6s.

Who knows what will happen this year with contracts or no contracts, leases or no leases, and early-upgrades?

4. duaneu macrumors 6502a

They didn't even have preorders for the 5s. You couldn't order one until the same day they were released in stores.

5. Mikeyfabs thread starter macrumors member

i ordered my 5s a month after release and it took about 2 week to get. about 2 weeks before the 5s announcement i decided to get the galaxy s4 with my upgrade and boy was that a stupid move, i used my wife upgrade to get the 5s about a month later lol

6. Mikeyfabs thread starter macrumors member

I'm going space gray this time around, my love affair with white faced iPhones is over

7. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Me too, although I'm borrowing mine from T-Mobile, and they give priority to JUMP customers, so I should be able to get one on release day.

8. Mikeyfabs thread starter macrumors member

hopefully i can score one through verizon release day, if not ill have to wait 2-3 weeks

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

I really don't think it makes a difference. Every new iPhone has sold better than the last, and Apple tries to beef up the stock available to compensate, but it's always difficult to get one right away.