S/S any good for workouts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by craigo14, Apr 24, 2015.

1. craigo14 macrumors member

Quite simply is the S/S going to be any good in the gym or while working out? Will it look out of place?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple likes to advertise the link bracelet as appropriate for working out so yes, but avoid the leather bands as they're not water resistant.

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I'm sure that it will be fine. One of the reasons I got the sport model is because I found it to be much lighter than the stainless steel version, and when I run being as light weight as possible is important to me. Some may not notice much of a difference between the two watches, but for me it was a factor.

4. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I wear a Stainless Steel Tag Heuer at the gym now. Why would an Apple SS watch be different?

5. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

i would just grab a sports band it's only $49 use that for working out. fitness watch straps are solid for a reason so sweat and dirt doesn't get trapped into between links. A lot easier the sanitize the sports band. As for looking out of place yes, it would

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I used mine at the gym today. It works like a charm.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Apple disagrees that it looks out of place.

[​IMG]

8. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

I can also show you photo's of fitness models posing in high heels... It's an ad/promo shot. doesn't change the fact that you'll be using a tooth pick to clean out the links over time

9. craigo14 thread starter macrumors member

Even with a sport band on the S/S i was worried it would look out of place in a gym

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Please do that :D

11. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

look at some of the fitness watch designs... zero are pretty / elegant looking. it just performs a task. the rubber sport band fit perfect in a gym/workout arena. link, leather, etc. band are more for everyday/business/dinner wear in my opinion. Apple gives us the easy option to swap out bands for a reason. why not use it.