Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msa6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Thanks much to all those who have enabled me (having no clue what it is I'm doing, but accurately following directions) to make my Touch so much better. It's be "jailbroken", and the iPhone apps are installed and running great. But I have a few questions:

- Can someone tell me just how summerboard will improve my life? If my kids will be that much more into the Touch (mostly a good thing, though it means more sharing) because it will be cooler, that may be reason enough.

- Do I limit the number of emails that I download from my Yahoo account in the "Show" option in mail settings, or is there some other way? I don't want it to download all my messages. Also, what happens when I delete a message on the Touch? Will my webmail account with Yahoo also delete the message?

- What is the deal with the Installer? It seems to get new things in it when I connect to wifi. Is it using up memory, or does it only use memory if I install something?

- Finally, what are the next five apps I should look at installing?

Thanks! Awesome board.

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
- Do I limit the number of emails that I download from my Yahoo account in the "Show" option in mail settings, or is there some other way? I don't want it to download all my messages. Also, what happens when I delete a message on the Touch? Will my webmail account with Yahoo also delete the message?]

Wait you got yahoo to work???? WHat version are you using the free or the plus?

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
- Can someone tell me just how summerboard will improve my life? If my kids will be that much more into the Touch (mostly a good thing, though it means more sharing) because it will be cooler, that may be reason enough.

Yes, it will do that. (not being sarcastic). I'm waiting for an automatic instalation though...hopefully the one from Installer.app will work properly soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.