)S X 10.3 on a wallstreet. Troubles installing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lazrslng, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Lazrslng macrumors newbie

I have a Wallstreet with an upgraded, 300mhz processor. I rebuilt the whole thing, installed the max 512 mg of ram and a 40mg hard drive. I installed sys 9.2.1 on it and was trying to use xpostfacto to install sys 10.3. I put in the 10.3 CD and started xpost. When the install screen came up it showed the harddrive but lists it as "not a bootable device". I looked to the sys profiler and see that the L2 cache is set to 1 mg. Everything I see says I have to partition and set it to 8mg. Im not sure how this is done and wonder whether once Ive figured that out Ill need to use Xpostfacto at all. Whats my best bet here folks?

2. aquajet macrumors 68020

Try resetting your boot partition to somewhat less than 8 gb. Maybe 7.5 gb or so. In my experience, setting it to exactly 8 gb makes it unusable as a boot partition.

3. Lazrslng thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, Ill bite...

I would if I had any clue where and how to go about resetting it. Any help there?

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

To reset the partition size, you have to use Disk Utility booted from the CD. This will destroy any data on the hard drive.

5. Lazrslng thread starter macrumors newbie

Better, still wondering though

The wiping the disk is problem as theres nothing but sys software there anyway. So I reset the boot partition to 7.5 mg in disk utility. Once Ive done that do I try to install from the OS X CD or do I start the process in Xpost? Will resetting the partition size make it so that Xpost sees the disk as mountable?

6. Lazrslng thread starter macrumors newbie

typos typos typos

Wiping the disk is NO problem

7. Lazrslng thread starter macrumors newbie

And...nope..nothin

I restarted on the sys 9.2.1 CD. It has Drive Set-Up from that Im not finding a utility to reset the partition size