S0 Milanese vs. newer Milanese - any difference?

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
I've been rocking my Milanese since the release of the AW, and wondering if a "newer" version would be any different. The magnetic hold is still great, but has Apple ever made any improvements on it?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I've been rocking my Milanese since the release of the AW, and wondering if a "newer" version would be any different. The magnetic hold is still great, but has Apple ever made any improvements on it?
No, looking at the ‘tech specs’ on their website, it just says ‘stainless steel’. Aside from the new color additions, I’m sure it’s exactly the same formation.

ipaddaro

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2014
from my understandings, the new ones can be unbound (the band can pass through the ring that connects to che watch... i have it and you can definetly do this), the old ones no (i don’t have it, i read on the forums/saw on youtube).

techno-Zen

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
from my understandings, the new ones can be unbound (the band can pass through the ring that connects to che watch... i have it and you can definetly do this), the old ones no (i don’t have it, i read on the forums/saw on youtube).
Only on the 40mm. My black 44mm didn’t do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.