S0 ss vs s1 questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by desireek, Dec 30, 2016.

1. desireek macrumors member

Hello.

I just got my first Apple Watch serie 1 with sport band for 329 on Applestore.
    Great product. Only use it to iMessage, mail and call. The watch works smooth for me.
    Got a great deal on a brand new serie 0 ss with leather band for 299, should i take this to get the safir glas?
    How mutch stronger is it with scratches?

Have try the s0 now with os3 and it works fine, same speed when i open light apps, and it seems smooth in the menu also. But serie 1 scroll just a littlebit smoother where the app menu is.

I Wonder if the serie 0 would be laggy on the next os4? Not easy to say.
    I need to choose one of them in this price range.

Happy for some answers.

2. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I've noticed a noticeable difference - at least to me - in app openings, refreshing, dock app info holding, etc. between my Series 1 and my sister's Series 0 on watchOS 3. I also have the Sport with a ArmorSuit screen protector on it and it's held up very nicely. I use a Spigen case on it when I cycle and box for fitness and go caseless when everywhere else. Not a scratch in sight.

3. desireek thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for answers. It is difficult to make a choice between s0 ss with leather band and safire glas or a cheaper watch that is a bit faster. Today the preformence is Ok on s0 but maby the next os would make it real lagg?
    Just look at the iPad mini 2 after ios10, It does lagg.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

There's no real way to determine how the first generation watch will uphold to watchOS 4 when it releases. However, it likely will uphold. WatchOS 3 .1 has greatly improved the speed and performance of the first generation Apple Watch.

And a sapphire display on the stainless model has a much stronger resistance tonscratches then compared to the sport model Ion– X glass. If you can appreciate the weight of the stainless steel, the Sapphire display is worth every penny when it comes to protecting your investment against scratches on the screen.