S0 upgrade to S3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gtaouil, Sep 24, 2017.

1. gtaouil macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I have a AW series 0 and I use for time, work out, notification and music. Every thing is lagged in my S0 but works fine. Is it worth to upgrade do S3 (gps only) or is better to wait a series 4 ?

2. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Id wait for series 4. But actually, once that comes out, I hear series 5 is gonna be great. So, just to be safe, wait for the series X.

3. Rayfire macrumors 68030

Rayfire

The speed upgrade itself is worth it. I did the upgrade myself and it is noticeably faster.

4. iamasmith macrumors 6502

iamasmith

I just upgraded from a 0 SS to a S3 SS and I have to say it's a massive upgrade. I'm not on a carrier that supports the watch (only one in the UK) but I didn't really buy it for that. The thing is snappy and a pleasure to use though, the altimeter adds an extra bit of information to the exercises and the speaking Siri is also cool.. those are the major observations so far.

So, I decided that as I had a SS watch that I had to get another SS as I felt more comfortable with that. In terms of turning the old watch into cash I found it better to find a local trade in company that bought face only and that gave me the additional advantage of keeping the black leather classic bracelet which I could optimictically think offset the cost of a new watch by £130 because that's how much they used to cost on their own... better than fussing around eBaying IMHO.

My final thoughts as I was driving to the Apple store were that I had the watch for 877 days so anything else was a bonus but it would end up in a drawer when the software demanded too much of the hardware or the battery started to show signs of aging.. time to get rid of the old one was a big decider.

5. philwa2 macrumors member

--- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2017 ---
    Can I ask where you traded in your Apple Watch Series 0 SS face for £130.00? Thanks

6. floridonet macrumors regular

The speed from S0 to S3 is significant but subjective. To me the apps you mentioned are worth the upgrade but I think you should go to a store and just test it out for yourself. If you wait next year, it's almost certain that that processor will be even faster and maybe even come with a new design. I upgraded this year from an S2 and although the speed increase isn't as dramatic, it was still worth it for me because of the LTE.

7. iamasmith macrumors 6502

iamasmith

I didn't say that, I said that keeping the leather band was worth another £130.

I got £93 for the face only.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Naturally, it's expected for speed increases with every new iteration of a device or Apple Watch. The form factor will likely be similar to what we see now, but maybe more contoured with a slimmer design. And there certainly are no guarantees for next year of what we will see for an Apple Watch or not, being this is now the second year in a row Apple has released an Apple Watch. But I would consider the Series 3 an upgrade from the first generation Apple Watch, but more of a side grade from the Series 2 to the Series 3.