S1 charger on s0 does not work?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by desireek, Jan 2, 2017.

1. desireek macrumors member

Hi.

Just got a Brand new s0 watch, it was empty for power from the box.
    We have a serie 1 charger cable in the house and i connected that to the Apple watch serie 0, After 30 minutes or so the watch started up and when i choose language the watch tell that i must connect it to a charger, it was connected to serie 1 cable all the time. And the watch restarted itself but i Could not choose language. Waited another 30 min and it was still the same. When i changed to a serie 0 charger cable it worked.

I though the magnet charger was the same on ss s0 and a alu s1 watch?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The newer charge has a newer identifier chip in it to cut down on counterfeit charger devices. You need to update your S0 to wOS 3.1 before it will work with the newer charger.

3. desireek thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for reply.

Aha that explane why the watch acting strange, it do charge it a bit since i get it on but not enough. Do you know what happens when i used new charger on the s0 with old os out of the box?
    The charger symbole went from green to red when it restartet by itself. Could it take damage to the battery?

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

No, just use the original charger puck, then pair the new S0. Then update to wOS 3.1 using the original charger puck. After the update you can then use the S1 (or S2) charger puck to charge the S0.