S2 Apple Watch not starting

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nollic, Jan 7, 2019.

1. nollic macrumors member

Heya.

Pulled the watch from its charger this morning as usual on my way to work. Bedside worked and was showing the time etc. When on my wrist a couple min later I'm checking it and the screen is all black. Tried to restart it and nothing.
    Got back home, put it on the charger again and nothing - waiting 30min - it's getting hot but no reactions to holding the crown + button in for 10-60s.

I've replaced the watch once due to cracked screen. I've got no Apple Care or nothing but I mean, if it's something that is wrong with the watch and not caused by me I should be able to file a complaint and get it replaced/fixed out of warranty?

Anyone else who've had the same issue?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Contact Apple. There is nothing you can do that you have not already tried. Especially if it’s possibility overheating.

3. rgyiv macrumors member

rgyiv

Yeah, or take it to the apple store to see if they can do anything.

If you have access to your serial number, you can check it here to see if there is anything open... https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Other than that, best of luck! I have a series 2 so this scares me :)

4. GoSUV macrumors member

This just happened to my SS S2 last evening also. Was wearing it at work and it just died on my wrist. It was still more than 60% charged. After I brought it home and put it on the charger, nothing. Tried the restart trick by holding the side button and crown together for 10 seconds (or longer), still nothing. It was slightly warm when I removed it from the charger though. I will be bringing it to the Apple store to have it looked at. Luckily I purchased AC+ so hopefully I get an express replacement.