S2 vs. S3 Performance

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by milhaus, Oct 3, 2017.

1. milhaus macrumors member

Just wondering if people can comment on performance between the watches, and whether or not the difference is significant. I did think the S2 was a bit pokey for my tastes, but the GF wants rose gold to match a third party band, and the new gold won't do it.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

The dual core processor on the Series 3 is noteably faster with over the Series 2. It definitely made a difference with scrolling and navigating through the Watch and applications. I would say this one of the most talked about upgrades with the speed.

3. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

the speed tests i've seen look very Noticeable .

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

From series 0 to 2 I noticed a big difference. From 2-3 not a big difference.

5. Luba macrumors 65816

Luba

S2 speed was getting to be a bit frustrating. S3 speed is still not snappy, it still sometime takes a sec or two.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Point of clarification: both have dual-core processors. 3 is still faster though.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Which is I indicated Notably faster over the Series 2.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

The portion I quoted could be interpreted by other readers as suggesting the AW2 did not have a dual core processor even though it isn't what you said. I wasn't correcting you, but clarifying for others who might misunderstand.