S2 watch keeps rebooting....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Gix1k, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

My watch has started to reboot at various times during the day. I did a reset, which pissed me off, but I did it. Rebooted twice after. I made a genius bar appt. Will they replace it? It's only three weeks old.

2. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

2 outcomes to this:

1. If they have stock, they'll like for like exchange it for you. They intended to do this for me, but didn't have the stock.

2. It'll get sent to the repair hub where it'll get fixed, or more likely exchanged there and sent back. This can take upwards of 2 weeks though.

Number 2 is what I'm currently going through. It is what it is, they can't give me what they don't have, but the online tracking system is rather useless as my Watch has been on "service requested" for 8 days now. My only conclusion is that the serial number isn't currently going through any diagnosis as they're exchanging it, but I'll have to wait a few more days to find out for sure.

3. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

4. jakerichva Suspended

Mine (AW2, wOS 3.1) booted once today, too. Seemed to hang up at the , so I forced a reboot and all seems well. Hoping it's not first of a trend.

5. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Went to store yesterday. Being my watch is just two weeks old he said he'd just replace it with a new one. Thing was, after Black Friday, there was no inventory. He said he could send it out for repair/replace or I could get a refund. I then asked if I could just hold onto it and get a call when stock is in and I could come exchange. They took my info and said to expect a call soon.

6. jakerichva Suspended

That's good. Got mine in October, so it's under warranty, too. Hasn't happened again, but if it does, I'll go back to Apple. Out of curiosity, were you doing anything when it rebooted? I had just gotten a notification for Breathe, and when I tapped on it, bang, reboot.

7. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I recall just looking down at various times and seeing the white apple on the screen. A few times it wouldn't go away and I had to hold buttons down to force a reboot.

8. jakerichva Suspended

Yeah, mine got stuck on the , too, so I had to force a reboot. So that's similar. Two don't make a trend, but it is unsettling.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I've had it too (Series 0) - will randomly look down and my watch has the white Apple logo and is rebooting. Honestly I think it's a watchOS 3 problem, as it was rock solid on 1 and 2. Others have reported similar issues.

You could exchange it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the replacement acted the same.