S3 going into Power Reserve mode when off-wrist?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bumpylumpy, Oct 14, 2017.

1. bumpylumpy macrumors member

This has only happened to me two times so far.

My S3-LTE watch has slipped into Power Reserve mode after I have taken my watch off and placed it on the counter for about 20 minutes. When I grabbed my watch to put it back on, I noticed it had switched to Power Reserve mode.

When I pressed the side button to bring it back to life, I have 96% battery life remaining so I don't think it's because my watch ran out of battery.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You must be inadvertently putting into power reserve mode by mistake or you Somehow you toggled it. But it's not because your watch is out of battery. It has to be activated.

3. Mercenary macrumors 65816

Mercenary

When you put it down. Are you putting it in the charger on it’s side?

It’s not power reserve mode, it’s bedside mode.

If it’s power reserve mode then it stays in this until you hold the side button to reboot.

4. bumpylumpy, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017

bumpylumpy thread starter macrumors member

So I've had my Series 0 watch since launch day, and this has *never* happened to that watch ever. I've been using it identically to that one and I'm intimately familiar with how to put it into Power Reserve mode manually; I do it whenever I go on 12 hour international airplane rides, and I always hold the side button to reboot when I land.

In all other respects it's a great watch.

This frustrating because it happens so infrequently. The last time this happened I was in the middle of entering my 4-digit passcode right when I picked it up when this occurred.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2017 ---
    When I put it down when I shower, I place it face down on a microfiber cloth I have next to my desk.

At night I have it placed in a charger holder that keeps it in bedside mode. It's never gone into power reserve mode when leaving the charger. It only has done this when picking it up from the cloth when it's off-charger.