S3 locked into water expel mode

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jbizzybeetle, Sep 24, 2017.

1. jbizzybeetle macrumors 6502a

can't find thru search--problem my S3 LTE is stuck in water expel mode. This is what I get for pressing a button thinking, "oooooh, I wonder what this does."

I can't unlock it.
    I can't swipe up to control center to kick it off.
    I can't fix through a hard reboot by holding down the crown and the power button.
    When I touch to power up the display, the lock appears for a microsecond then the green water drop comes back on.

I can turn the crown to see the droplet expand and contract, but I don't hear anything because I had already turned off the sound.

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

If you turn the crown a lot and fast does that help?

3. jbizzybeetle thread starter macrumors 6502a

YES YES YES! Thank you so much! unlocked! I think I am going to cry with joy!
    :):):):):):):):)

4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I'm happy to help. It happened to me recently as well.

5. BrettDS macrumors 65816

Just to be clear, it wasn’t really “locked in water expel mode”, but operating as designed. When you hit the little water drop it locks the watch so that when you are swimming or showering you won’t get accidental screen taps from water drops. As you discovered, the screen and buttons are locked out. To get out of this you keep turning the crown as the water drop expands on the screen until it unlocks and plays a tone from the speaker to expel water.