S3 Storage mysteriously filling up

FuturePilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
I keep getting the message that my S3 watch storage is full but there's nothing that would explain what is taking up all of the space. I don't have any music, photos, or podcasts synced. I only have a handful of apps installed on the watch. I've unpaired and re-paired my watch a couple of times now and initially it has plenty of free space; about 4GB. But after 3-4 days it ends up completely full again. The Usage screen is of no help as there's nothing that explains the usage. I'm already down to just 50MB after re-pairing it a few days ago.

2019-11-26 13.33.jpg

FuturePilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
Got a case open with Apple Support. They’re passing the information on to the engineers. We’ll see what happens.

FuturePilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
Hi @FuturePilot, did you ever get an update on this? I’m having the same issue.
They told me it’s a WatchOS bug and there was supposed to be an update that would fix it but it’s still happening to me too and there was a couple updates since I was told that. I’m considering raising the issue again.

dribeiro

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2020
They told me it’s a WatchOS bug and there was supposed to be an update that would fix it but it’s still happening to me too and there was a couple updates since I was told that. I’m considering raising the issue again.
Thanks, I also contacted Apple support about a week ago and was told it would be fixed in an update as well. I didn’t have the most confidence in that answer as it was never escalated beyond the first level of support. So I’m happy to at least see somebody else was told to the same thing after the issue was escalated.

FuturePilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
Well knock on wood, but it seems like WatchOS 6.2 may have fixed it. My free space has been consistently around 900MB-1.1GB. Still doesn't seem like much considering I don't have that many apps on my watch and no music, photos, or podcasts. But I haven't gotten the storage is full message since 6.2.

makleod

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Bumping this to see if anyone else is still experiencing this? I have gotten two "storage full" alerts in the past week (which results in a huge battery drain). On WatchOS 6.2.1. I'm about to wipe and start from scratch...😭

FuturePilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
Aaaaand I just got the storage full notification. Guess it's time to open another case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.