S4 gps&lte 40mm screen issue

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pachuco4life, Jun 20, 2019.

1. pachuco4life macrumors newbie

I bought this for my college age sun in October, no AppleCare+. About 2 weeks ago the said it wasn’t working correctly. I unpaired it with his phone and reset as new to my phone. On 3 occasions the screen becomes unresponsive. It still has power, i get stand credit and can hold the side button for Siri but the screen is blank. I can not get the screen to come on again till I put it on a charger. When I put it in the charger, it will restart and battery is more than half. Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

It is still under warranty. If you can demonstrate these problems to the Apple store they will repair/replace

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It sounds like a digitizer cable is loose. Your only option is to have Apple repair it or purchase a different Apple Watch all together.

4. pachuco4life thread starter macrumors newbie

After I did the online diagnostic, no symptoms found. I sent it for repair. The techs could not replicate the issue and it was sent back to me. The turn around time was 3 hours according to the emails. I received my watch and the issue persists. Any other options?

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Call them back, explain it again, and see if they’ll send you an express replacement (they send you a new one first, you send old one back).

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

‘Explaining it again’ is the incorrect answer here. Apple wants evidence of the issue, not some self-explanatory ‘this is what’s wrong with it’ answer.

The OP has to demonstrate the fact that the watch is defective in some way, what I would do/suggest, is take a video of the watch of what it’s Exhibiting/not functioning, then send the video to a lead supervisor for documentation and/or take the video to an Apple store.