S4 Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JLH81, Dec 4, 2018.

1. JLH81 macrumors member

Hi All!

I just got a S4 with the ION Glass. Are you all using screen protectors on it? If so, can you all let me know which one you're using, and your thoughts on it?

I have Apple Care, and I've been debating whether or not I should get one. I am pretty careful with my stuff.

Thanks guys!

2. dojoman macrumors 65816

Attached Files:

3. hologram macrumors 6502

I’d say definitely use them. There are a lot of posts here from people asking about Apple Care after they already scratched their screen, but even if you have AC, it’s a lot easier and cheaper to use a protector than to send it away for a replacement. You get a 6-pack, so when one gets scratched, take it off and put on another.
    I got these, and I’m happy with them:
    https://www.amazon.com/MP-MALL-Apple-Watch-44mm-Anti-Bubble/dp/B07FDVX166
    Just be aware that, even though every brand says they’re for 44mm, they fit the 42mm and leave a small strip around the edges of the 44 unprotected. Still, they work well for me.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would look at Armorsuit, decent price and reliable product. Fairly easy To install yourself. And they also include two protectors in the pack.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HCNHYGW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oxWbCbPV3PK9G

5. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

Yes, I have an Aluminum S4 and am using Armorsuit. Honestly it's hard to notice it's even there. Definitely the best of screen protector I've tried. Make sure you get one that's specifically made for Series 4 and you should have near edge to edge coverage. I've had one on since October 17th and it has shown absolutely zero signs of lifting.

I used them on my S2 and the screen is still in the same condition as when I purchased it. Although I'm careful with my stuff also, the small amount of money for the peace of mind has been worth it to me. And I can say as careful as I am, I've managed to bang the watch into doorways and whatnot numerous times. The protector has definitely saved my watch from getting banged up.

6. codeman7 macrumors member

Just wanted to share that I got these and was pretty impressed at how easy they were to install, and how well they go nearly edge-to-edge. They also don't feel tacky so you don't constantly notice it's there. I say all of this as someone who almost never uses screen protectors on my devices. Time will tell how it holds up, but a few days in I'm impressed.

7. dojoman macrumors 65816

Armorsuit is NOT edge to edge not sure how you guys defined edge to edge, it's close to edge but it's about the same as other brand. And from my experience Armorsuit is the worst in terms of lifting edge and only comes with 2 pieces others come with 6.

8. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

It's virtually impossible to get it from edge to edge on the case but this is as close as I've ever seen a screen protector for AW. Armorsuit provides more coverage than a previous brand I've used. I do agree with you in terms of the number of pieces they come with, 2 by comparison to 6 is pretty crappy.

I will say the application kit it comes with is leaps and bounds above the others I've purchased and the instructions are clear. If you are patient and let it cure as the instructions state, you will get a much better application. Even with other brands I found this to be the case. The one currently on my watch has been on since October 17th or there about and doesn't show a single sign of lifting.

Attached Files:

9. dojoman macrumors 65816

I must say that it reaches the edge closer on yours than the other brand I have but mine is 40mm. I see some customer's pic on Amazon 40mm version at least doesn't reach the edge as much as 44mm.