S4 vs S3 Sport Band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rstark18, Dec 6, 2018.

1. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone noticed the differences between the S3 and S4 Sport bands?
    I have a S3 Black (from 2017) and a S4 Black and what I've noticed is that the S4 is more of a gray and softer/more flexible. It's not that the S3 band has aged because it was replaced a week before I decided to buy the S4.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Correct, Apple changed the sport band for the Series 4 slightly, it’s thinner compared to the previous Gen sport band, and it is slightly lighter in color with the black sport band, almost like a charcoal. As far as being more flexible, I can’t tell a difference, as they both feel exactly the same.

3. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I compared my S3 and S4 white sport bands and they were identical. So much so that if it wasn’t for the imprinted 44 and 42 I would have mixed them up. I don’t know how anyone can see or feel a difference outside of color.

4. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My S4 is noticably more flexible and more comfortable. I used to only wear my S3 Sport Band when I was exercising but with the new one I use it a lot more.

5. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Well, I specifically looked for more flexibility. I didn’t notice any.

6. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe the white isn't as noticable? If I take both bands and hold them at the edge of a table the S4 droops more than the S3