s4i vs NE-7M Headphone Dukeout

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by w00143881, Jul 8, 2010.

?

What am I buying

1. NuForce NE-7M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Klipsch S4i

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. V-Moda anythings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (please mention in comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. w00143881 macrumors newbie

I've done a lot of forum readings (including mroogle) lately in attempts to pick some headphones I can enjoy and buy in the next few days. My requirements were under $100 and with Mic. I have narrowed it down to...

1) NuForce NE-7M
    2) Klipsch S4i

I have found positive reviews for both the Klipsch and NuForce but not many concrete responses on which they prefer. V Moda Remix Remote were on the list however questionable durability has removed them. Granted the Klipsch are about 50 dollars more expensive, are they worth it? Are they that much better? In order of important: Comfort, Sound, Durability, Price.

I will be using this with iPhone 4 and a iPod Nano for workouts. I mostly listen to Hip Hop.

Please help, I need to have these in hand before a out of country trip in 8 days. Thanks all.

2. w00143881 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

I've been eyeing the Klipsch S4i for a while. May need to just pull the trigger.

4. w00143881 thread starter macrumors newbie

Here are the Pro/Cons List that I've been working on...

S4i (Pros) - Heard they are comfortable. Two year warranty

S4i (Cons) - Thin Wire, Questionable build quality, plug-in is I shaped rather than L shaped. Price

NE-7M (Pros) - Value/Price, L Shaped Plug in,

NE-7M (Cons) - Unclear on Warranty, Potentially cheaper materials,

5. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Well, I've been reading all the other threads here about in-ear options in the $100 range. Some people favor others, but for a pair that comes with the mic and 3-button controls, the Klipsch consistently get good reviews.

After seeing this thread, it was the final straw - I couldn't stand it and I picked up the Klipsch 4Si set at my local Apple store this afternoon.

Not even broken in yet and I love them. I have been using an old pair of V-Moda Vibe Duos and the Klipsch sound much clearer and "articulate" than the V-Modas. Bass response isn't boomy but nice and clear, just like I like it.

So far so good.

BTW - I got the white ones, which matches my black iPhone4 with the white bumper. Sexy combination. I'll post a pic later tonight...

6. w00143881 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, I did the same. Happened to drive by an Apple Store and just thought, F it, I'm pullin the trigger. Got in Black. Black iPhone with Black Bumper. Couldn't be happier; the in ear fit is incredible compared to the V Modas I had. I DO kinda miss the bass but definitely stoked.

7. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Awesome. Congrats.

Below is a pic of mine. Was pleased to see that the earbuds jack fit perfectly in the hole of the bumper. Had read that some other brands don't.

[​IMG]

8. aigoya macrumors member

I'm not an audio expert of any sort, but I do own the S4 and i absolutely love it.

Without ever having checked out other competitors such as Shure, I can say that I will never stray from Klipsch. It's always a pleasure to find some excuse to use the S4s, even if that means getting in trouble at work for not being to hear anyone talk to me.

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

I had a pair of S4's for about 5 or 6 hours. I returned them and bought the Shure SE-115's. I found that the S4's had way too much bass and that I'd have to always tweak the EQ just to get it to sound balanced.

Just my opinion.

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Still have yet to hear the Klipsch's. After hearing most of v-moda's line through the past couple years - I can tell you clarity wise, the Remix Remotes are in a whole different league.

You can read my thoughts here.