Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
if you like bright colours, the white of the ceramic really pops with the bands (like the original blue, red, orange etc..) or u can also get the super nice black/white contrast of the black bands..

really like the look of it :)

Reactions: Domino8282

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I’m so torn by this. I was going to get the Titanium but then i saw it in person and the ceramic just looked better for me. I love the Storm Trooper Vibe. But is it worth 400 more. I’m also coming from a Gold Stainless Steel Series 4. This one is going to turn my wallet, i’m more concerned about what Series 6 will bring. If I end up spending this much money, i would like the watch to get some mileage since Apple’s trade in on watches suck.

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
I’m so torn by this. I was going to get the Titanium but then i saw it in person and the ceramic just looked better for me. I love the Storm Trooper Vibe. But is it worth 400 more. I’m also coming from a Gold Stainless Steel Series 4. This one is going to turn my wallet, i’m more concerned about what Series 6 will bring. If I end up spending this much money, i would like the watch to get some mileage since Apple’s trade in on watches suck.

yea i previously was using the series 4 SBSS so was in the same situation. But I've been pining (LOL) for the white edition ever since series 4 was announced and unfortunately they didnt have it. So i was left with the SBSS. Now with ceramic back i HAVE to get it else I feel i'm just gonna regret it haha..

Ended up buying applecare +, gonna have to make sure this watch lasts at least 2 yrs before i change again.. hoho.. series 7 here i come..

Reactions: Dammit Cubs

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I ordered a 44mm with an Oct 2nd 3rd date last night since they moved them up yesterday. It is already showing preparing to ship and is unable to cancel.

Reactions: Domino8282

myapple2019

Suspended
May 10, 2019
I ordered a 44mm with an Oct 2nd 3rd date last night since they moved them up yesterday. It is already showing preparing to ship and is unable to cancel.
Whenever an order is in “preparing for shipment”, it cannot be canceled. If you do not want the order, you need to wait until you receive it and return it to Apple. Why do you want to cancel your order?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Whenever an order is in “preparing for shipment”, it cannot be canceled. If you do not want the order, you need to wait until you receive it and return it to Apple. Why do you want to cancel your order?
No, I just meant that I placed the order last night and it seems to be moving more rapidly than 10/2

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I went nd picked up my phone today and had the opp to look at the ceramic.
Gorgeous absolutely beautiful.
I was seriously disappointed in how close the Al and Ti colors look. Not that I am trying to say look at me however when paying the premium I prefer a little uniqueness.

It’s why I’m passing on the Ti. It’s too close to the resemblance to the aluminum, it does have a nice shine to to, where as the aluminum seems more ‘dusk-like’,, but it’s still too similar. So I’ll just continue to consider the stainless and ceramic moving forward.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
It’s why I’m passing on the Ti. It’s too close to the resemblance to the aluminum, it does have a nice shine to to, where as the aluminum seems more ‘dusk-like’,, but it’s still too similar. So I’ll just continue to consider the stainless and ceramic moving forward.
Apart from slightly different shading, far too much like the allunium. What i love about the white ceramic is that aside from straps with metal lugs, its goes with any colour band and really pops with the bright colours

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
it looks like the shipping delay estimates on Apple.com have changed from oct 1 to oct 14.

Domino8282

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2010
Southeast USA
Apple care monthly or flat out?

I’m doing monthly on my iPhone because if you buy one annually it works out cheaper... but I haven’t decided if it’s worth getting AC+ for the watch. The ceramic already has a longer warranty... and seems hard to damage. I haven’t decided if the AC+ is worth it.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Monthly can work a couple of ways. If you get rid of the watch before AppleCare the you don’t have to cancel. You can also pay for it with iTunes cards...I normally buy those when they are 15% off.

The bad.. the price is higher monthly though 15% off iTunes cards almost evens it out.

For the Edition models...the payment is for 3 years

_steel

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2018
Anyone have some more pictures to share with various bands? :cool:

Paired with the Light Pink Sport Band

36A7C6EE-8119-41BF-BEB3-EE5503083ECC.jpeg

stringbeanie

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Southern California
I think this is a beautiful watch but do any owners ever feel that it is a little too flashy or sticks out too much for dressy occasions? I have always been able to “professionalize” the other cases with band choice.
i ordered it but have this concern.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I think this is a beautiful watch but do any owners ever feel that it is a little too flashy or sticks out too much for dressy occasions? I have always been able to “professionalize” the other cases with band choice.
i ordered it but have this concern.
Not at all. I wore my S3 ceramic at work with a dark strap, a Nike sport for casual and popping colour straps when out in the town. No regrets

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.