Sad, can't find the Iphone 6 plus :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Karenl39, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Karenl39 macrumors member

I have been waiting and waiting to be eligible for an upgrade on my iphone with A T & T. I want to trade in my iphone 5 and purchase the Iphone 6 Plus 64GB.

I cannot find any place in my area that has it in stock. I usually trade in my phones at Best Buy.

The closest Apple store is an hour from me. I would drive there if I knew for sure I could find a phone.

Any ideas? Is the stock still that low on these phones?

2. HotIce macrumors regular

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would do this as well.

4. littleredwagen macrumors member

I got mine at the apple store by buying it through apple's website with there site telling me the phone was in stock boom garantueed

5. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

Use www.idevicechecker.com.
    Depending on where you are (I went with zip code 63101), I see several Best Buys in the area that are claiming stock of iPhone 6 Plus for AT&T.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Apple Store is your best guaranteed bet, but Best Buy does get some 6+ stock. Mostly 16GB (my son works there), but they are occasionally getting some higher-capacity units. Also, if you have Radio Shack stores nearby, they can be good. Have you tried Target?

7. dmfilicetti macrumors newbie

Too bad

I have one that I ordered a while back being delivered today but I was able to get one last week by checking Apple stock and doing in store pick up. If you were closer than St Louis I would consider selling it to you for my cost. I would have cancelled the AT&T delivery but it said I couldn't. I was just going to return it to AT&T. It's a 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus in Silver. I am in NJ.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Order it online in the morning and select local pickup. That will tell you if they're in stock locally. If not, cancel the order and repeat the next morning.

I had the best luck doing this on Tuesday and Thursdays (ordered 2, one for myself and one for the wife).

9. Karenl39 thread starter macrumors member

But, how do I trade in my Iphone 5 if I do this?

Karen

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

What did AT&T say when you asked them?

Just think about how much time you have wasted trying to find one locally when you could have called AT&T.

11. Karenl39 thread starter macrumors member

I could have, but doubt they have any either. I will call them when I get home.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Just went to the Apple store to buy antoher Air 2 Cellular and they are still lining up for a "chance" to get a 6/6+!

That is crazy!:eek:

13. dmfilicetti macrumors newbie

I got my second iPhone 6 Plus

I got tired of waiting for AT&T to deliver the 6 Plus I order 3 weeks ago because it kept telling me that it would be early December before I got it. So I started checking istock.com and the Apple Store online. I finally got my iPhone 6 Plus from the Apple store after following suggestions from other how to get check out once I found one in stock at an Apple Store. I love it and it's the unlocked T-Mobile version. I thought it would be too big but so far the good far outweighs the bad. Since I got one from the Apple Store I tried to cancel the AT&T one but it wouldn't let me. It said it was in process which it said from the minute I order it. Very annoying. Well low and behold I got notification on Sunday that my 64 GB Silver iPhone 6 Plus had shipped from AT&T on Sunday and it was delivered today. Now I have a second 6 Plus that I don't need. I will return to the AT&T store tonight I guess. I feel bad for others who can't get one and I have an extra one I can't use. If there was someone local i would consider selling it to them for my cost but it is through AT&T Next and not sure I can do that or how it would work. Plus it is probably tied to my account etc and would probably be a real pain to try and do. Any suggestions now how to help someone in need out or should I just return it due to the logistics of trying to sell it under my current situation?

14. Karenl39 thread starter macrumors member

I guess I will just keep checking the local Apple Store. I still wonder how I can trade in my phone there.

15. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

You trade it in just like you would at Best Buy. In fact, I got more at the Apple Store than I would at Best Buy, when I upgraded to the 6 Plus.

16. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

In Portland the big stock deliveries are Friday night so Saturday morning there are phones available. Maybe not every size and color but people are buying 6+ phones. iStockNow will show what to expect and get there 20 or 30 minutes before they open. The long lines here now are for unlocked phones. 20 minutes prior to the store opening they have a Genius (here) taking names and reserving the phone for you until 6 PM. So you can leave then and come back later in the day, or you can wait 20 minutes and be one of the first people in the store and pick up your phone then. I bought two phones this way. A 6 and a 6+ for the wifey. Gotta keep mama happy.

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You should always call Apple and ask them.

Order the phone and in a week or two when its ready you pick it up. Easy peasy.

18. flybub macrumors regular

No one around me has them in stock either. I still haven't seen an iphone6+ yet so I'm not sure what to order. My brother has the 6 and that is about the size I'm looking for but I'd like to see a 6 plus. Nearest Apple store is 1:10 minutes away and with my schedule Verizon is closed when I get some free time. I'm eligible for an upgrade but I don't want to pull the trigger until I see the plus.

19. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The Apple Store accepts trade ins.

Or, you could see if AT&T gives you a better deal, trade it in there for a gift card and add it to your account as a bill credit.

----------

Do you not have a Best Buy? Most of them have a 6 plus on display.

20. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

I think the 6 is selling more than the 5s. They just can't make enough for the entire world because everyone and their mommy, their daddy, their dog, they all want one. :apple:

21. Bahroo macrumors 68000

This, this website is superb and it helped me find a 6 Plus 64 Gb in stock right at my local Apple store, I got the 4.7 inch 6 on Launch date, and I had it for about a month, I loved it but the Plus was looking so luring and amazing once I got to play with it a few times, I was so sure at first I didnt ever want the Plus, but then I started envying it, and then My brother ended up buying this Plus at Apple and we traded my 4.7 inch i6 with Applecare + on it for a 64 gb 6 plus for me, and I honestly couldnt be anymore satisfied and happy with this, I am beyond happy I got the plus, I love this thing and Im already use to the size, the thinness of the device is truly what makes this phablet actually very tolerable imo and its very slim in the pocket,

The bigger screen alongside with the stupendously good battery life alone is beyond worth it and also OIS, All other phones just feel tiny now to me hah,

TLDR: switched from a 6 (never thought id get a phablet) to a Plus and i am beyond in love with this thing and i am beyond satisifed and happy i went from the 6 to the 6 Plus

22. flybub macrumors regular

I have not been in Best Buy so I couldn't tell you if they do or not. It's a good thought though, never crossed my mind.

23. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

OP: I'm confused... You can't find them?

Out of curiosity, I plugged St. Louis into iStockNow.

For AT&T:

St. Louis Galleria Apple Store lists 6+ in stock, silver in 16, 64 and 128.

West County Apple Store has all 3 capacity silver 6+ in stock and has 16 and 64 GB gold.

Or are you looking for a particular color/capacity and that's why you can't find what you're after? Or are you insisting on Best Buy for some reason?

They're out there. Supply is getting better. Unless I'm missing something, to say you "can't find the iPhone 6+" means you're not looking.

24. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I got $320 for my 5s when I traded it in at the Apple Store. If you order it on-line for pick-up you have to pay for it, and they will issue you a gift card for the trade in. I just went to the store 20 minutes before they opened, was first in line, and they had the 128 gold in stock, so they issued me a gift card, and I used the gift card for the purchase of the phone. The morning I was there, they just had some 16gb in Silver and 128gb in Gold. I originally wanted a 64gb, but happily jumped to the 128gb.