Sad Day... Advice?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by andreab35, Aug 3, 2008.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hi everyone!

I was just getting out of my car to go to Walmart. I had my iPhone naked in my pocket, and then BAM! It slipped out of my pocket and crashed to the ground on a newly sealed parking lot. :(

Now I have scratches and dings that bother me so much. It makes me just want to cry because it feels like I ruined my phone. Now I just see black nicks all over the chrome. :(

I usually don't like casing my iPhone because I don't like how it feels all thick in my hand. I currently have a leather case and a rubbery Cellet case.

Can anyone recommend a case that is a hard shell one, that fits nicely to protect the back of my iPhone? Additionally, I'd like it to cover up the nasty scratches so I don't have to see them.

Thank you! :eek:

2. atluten macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear about that. One case that I've tried and would like to recommend is the Incase Slider Case. It's a hardshell and gives a very protective feel. It's a little expensive at ~$35 and does add some bulk, but from it does give peace of mind. Here's a link if you want to take a look Incase Slider Case

3. Meyvn macrumors 6502

If you're in a hurry, the DLO JamJacket can be found at Best Buy, and it does EXACTLY what you describe. It's not as pretty as the CapsuleRebel or the Slider, but it's still a great case functionally for what you want.

4. andreab35 thread starter macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Thanks guys!
    I'll be sure to check those cases out!
    Right now I'm using my extra bulky leather case I got from a friend.

I appreciate it! :D

5. Cross2 macrumors newbie

If the scratches really bother you, you could try scheduling a meeting with a Mac Genius and tell them you want to replace your iPhone. My friend had a similar incident and they replaced with no problems. They mentioned that it can be exchanged for almost any reason if there is still a warranty on it.

6. james948 macrumors 6502

7. docprego macrumors 65816

2 cases that completely conceal the chrome and protect the back:

1. Macally mCase available at Frys
    2. Griffin Elan Form available at Best Buy or the Apple store.

8. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I have a silicone sleeve that covers the back and the silver bezel and there are many others out there that do as well. However, consider this - now that your phone has gone through it's "initiation" to the real world, maybe just continue to go caseless and not worry about wear & tear. I took this approach with my Gen 1 Nano. The day it came out I put a scratch in the back. It bugged me that it happened so quickly, before I could find a case but ultimately I just said "what the heck" and started showing total disregard for the surface. It ended up being a pretty liberating experience. I could throw it in my pocket with keys, change, or whatever and not worry about it. It got a bit more use because I wasn't worrying about babying the thing. Obviously it's your decision, but it's just a thought. Even if you do go this route I would probably put a Power Support Crystal Film on the front. I have this and love it. The display is infinitely more durable and scratch resistant than the rest of the device, but the difference is that I would consider any scratch on the display to negatively impact usability.

9. janey macrumors 603

janey

The only reason why I use the matte crystal film is not to prevent scratches but because I hate glossyness. imho it feels nicer to use, and fingerprints don't show up as much. Plus I don't have any qualms about just wiping it off with a napkin or on my pants.

10. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Did you purchase your iPhone using an Amex card?
    If so, your covered!
    Purchase Protection will save your butt when accidents like this occur.

11. jprincesa macrumors member

jprincesa