Sad day!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by .JahJahwarrior., Mar 26, 2008.

1. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

My MB has been making funky fan noises for a while now, but always intermittently. Today it started again so I rushed off to the computer repair center on campus to show them....only two days left on Applecare so I needed to get it fixed....but they kept my computer! :( I thought they'd diagnose it really fast and order parts and I could bring it in and get it fixed later but they kept it. Now I am completely computerless and already I know that the next few days are going to suck....

I'm using a PC in the honors computer lab at the moment but it's driving me nuts...

how much diagnosing need sto be done when a fan sounds like someone is riding a bike with a card stuck in to the spokes? But the guy claims "we gotta diag' it." :(

2. Snips macrumors regular

Seems pretty clear there's a fault. Sorry about that.

So, you have to make a choice that we're not in a position to make for you:

Rely on your local campus support, or rush it through to Apple for repair.

Only you can judge the likelihood of a decent service from your campus support. Applecare seems like a known quantity.

3. .JahJahwarrior. thread starter macrumors 6502

The local campus place is an Apple warranty repair center.

They said they thought they could diagnose it later today. If they call to let me know, then I am going to say "that's great. So, I'll come pick it up in 15 minutes and you'll call me again when you have parts in?"

Until then, I do have access to computers in the honors college until 9pm and the library until 1am, and I have friends whose computers I can use. It's just annoying, and I wasn't expecting to be out the computer right away, so I didn't even stop what I was doing when it made the noise...fortunately it wasn't anything important.