Sad iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PinkLuxe, Sep 2, 2010.

1. PinkLuxe macrumors member

I got one of these "Sad iPhone" "restart springboard" messages today, and I'm just curious if it's actually a harmful thing or if its just an error that happens but isn't a sign of actual harm or damage?

I've searched the forums, and it seems to be a pretty common problem, but I couldn't find an answer on whether it's something I should actually worry about.

I have an iPhone 4 and The only Cydia app I had running was BiteSMS.

2. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

No. There's no harm in it. Just restart springboard and you should be good to go.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Its just a crash that mobile substrate is handeling, no harm it can happen sometime. Just like the Blue Screen of Death on Windows or the less famous Kernel panic on OSx
    [​IMG]

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

don't worry about it. It was designed like this so that whatever extension you were running with mobile substrate wouldn't freeze your iPhone if it ever got any problems. Which is why when you get the sad iPhone and you slide you are in safe mode. So basically it protected you from something that happen w/ the ms add-on (Bite SMS) that could potentially could have mess up/frozen your phone. It's a safety feature of mobilesubstrate and it's great!

5. PinkLuxe thread starter macrumors member

Ok, very pleased to know. I had never heard of it, and when I saw it I nearly freaked out thinking I broke the phone. Thanks guys!

6. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I was pretty damn freaked out the first time I saw it too. lol