Safara 4.0.01 update...internet now crawls!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macloven, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

did the update this morning, and internet access is painfully slow. Other machines on same network connection running plenty fast. This is on a wired connection in my office. Haven't tried wireless but would image same issue.

Anyone have speed issues after the update?

Thanks,

Mark

2. RAW52 macrumors newbie

Wireless - did the update this morning and found its running quicker! Weird...

3. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

You mean the 4.0.1 update, right? Anyway this is why I update anything after a while. (1 week+)

4. Macloven thread starter macrumors regular

Macloven

oops. yes, the 4.0.1 update. I've re-booted and same thing. Very slow loading pages on almost every site. Can't un-install unfortunately (very Windows like :mad:) but will just try re-installing and crossing fingers.

Mark

5. Macloven thread starter macrumors regular

Macloven

though still very slow at work on my wired network, it is actually as fast or faster wireless at home. Strange, but fortunately most internet work is done at home.

I did some downloads on the wired network, and the speeds were right at the max. It's the page loading that is painfully slow. guess I'll watch for 4.0.2....

Mark

6. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

New safari sucks, it crashes every other minute and freezes while scrolling through big threads.

7. benpatient macrumors 68000

i've found that i get stuck in infinite loops on half of the xbox-centric websites on the net...anything that you can be logged in to with your gamertag...

works fine on firefox, and worked fine on safari 3...bit of a big fat bummer, man...

8. tonsorock macrumors newbie

Yeah, I've been having this same problem. It freezes while scrolling down a page and the I get the perpetual spinning color wheel with nothing working and I have to force-quit (and when I do, the window says, "Safari not responding").

Hopefully the same won't be true for Apple, who need to fix this bug and send out an update...

9. Macloven thread starter macrumors regular

Macloven

Safari updates hadn't resolved the horrible speed on ethernet, so today I decided to delete my network connections and re-configure. And that fixed the problem. Something in that update of Safari messed up the ethernet, but at least it's working again. Strange that wireless was just fine but not ethernet but relieved to have the speed back.