Safari 2 and QT plugin help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Legolamb, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Safari 2 gives me a "can't load QT 7.1.6 plugin" message. I've done all the recommended things from macfixit and apple, including trashing the preferences, deselecting Flash from QT preferences. My root library folder does not even show the QuickTime plugin.plugin (Searched all over drive).

I do not use Limewire, Flip4Mac, etc. that has been reported as having problems with QT. Everything has been updated, permissions validated. And I have QTPro 7 (updated).

I'd prefer not using firefox unless this won't work. I DO NOT want to get Safari3 in beta yet and deal with a host of other problems.

Is there a way to get just the QT plugin.plugin from Safari or do I have to reinstall Safari?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So you're missing QuickTime Plugin.plugin? Do you want me to email it to you? Have you tried reinstalling the combo update? :)

3. Legolamb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

I'm going to try to reinstall first the combo first, and if it doesn't work, I may just take you up on the offer, mate:p

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

No worries mate. PM me your email address and I'll see what I can do, if the combo update doesn't help. It's only a very small file. :)

5. Legolamb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

OOH, I don't know which excites me more, getting my QT plugin or getting it from you. (Combo not an option now) PM on the way......

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Haha, well it's sent. If it doesn't work for you for some reason (perhaps more files are missing), then an Archive & Install should get your system back up and running without losing any of your files or settings. :)