Safari 3.0.4 and Gmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldCorpse, Nov 26, 2007.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I updated to from 10.4.10 to 10.4.11 and had Safari 3.0.4. rammed down my throat. It seems to me a downgrade from Safari 2, at least as far as GMail is concerned. Sure, you can do some things with Safari on GMail which you could only do on FF before, but two things are now very bad on Safari 3: no autocomplete of email addressess, and no update to the number of unread emails in the GMail tab on Safari.

Anyone found a way around this idiocy of an "improved" Safari 3? How can I get my GMail functionality back?

2. jakeopolis macrumors member

my solution: switch to camino. i like safari but gmail is like 90% of what i do on the web, and it works perfectly in camino. with unifycamino you can even make it LOOK like safari.

3. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

First off, how can it be a downgrade when it experiences faster load times and more functionality (the kinds of which got thousands to switch from Firefox and other browsers) just because your Gmail doesn't work? Personally, I IMAP my Gmail account in Mail, so I haven't found one thing wrong with Safari 3. I'm sorry you're having problems. Maybe find another browser?

EDIT: I've used Gmail within Safari 3 as well, and I didn't find a problem with it.