Safari 3.0.4 closes & won't reopen after installing Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sb127, Oct 28, 2007.

1. sb127 macrumors newbie

Installed Leopard last night & now Safari mysteriously closes the browser window. It leaves the menu bar at the top, but I still can't open a browser window. I have to restart the mac to get Safari to work again. In a matter of minutes, Safari closes again.

I've seen a few discussions of similar problems, but haven't found a solution that works.

Anyone else had this problem.....and hopefully found a fix. Other than waiting for 3.0.5.

Thanks in advance!

2. sb127 thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually....just noticed that after a system restart, if I wait a few minutes before trying to open Safari, it will not open. It just opens the menu bar at the top....no browser window.

Interestingly enough, I upgraded my wife's iMac & she is not having this problem.

We were both running Safari beta 3.0.3 before the Leopard upgrade.

3. bikeman99 macrumors newbie

Safari won't open

Having the exact same problem. Tried reinstalling OSX. Didn't help. Frustrated! Stays operational for a few minutes then won't open. Just get the menu bar.:mad:

4. sb127 thread starter macrumors newbie

EXACTLY the same problem I'm having. I've uninstalled & reinstalled with no success.

No one else? There can't be just two of us.:confused:

5. coolguyblue macrumors newbie

I had the same problem and I some how figured out to correct the problem. What I think happen is that the safari on the dock isn't the current safari that comes with leopard, if you try and search for the new version in applications...it should work. You can just replace the old one with the new one....thats if my memory doesnt fail me....this is what I did to correct it.