Safari 3.0.4 not working!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tommyhonda92, Nov 16, 2007.

1. tommyhonda92 macrumors newbie

I just updated to 10.4.11 and that also included Safari 3 with this update. But now Safari doesn't seem to be working. I've reset a few times but still no luck. What's happening is Safari launches fine, but when I type in an address, it just sits there as if I didn't press RETURN. No beachball. No nothing. Even if I click on a bookmark in my header, it does the same thing....it just sits there. Not even a message of any sorts after waiting....just nothing. And when I click on BOOKMARKS, my bookmarks don't appear...it's as if it wants to start doing something, but it seems it's stalling.

Am I missing someting here? Safari was working perfectly before I updated to 10.4.11 and the included Safari 3.0.4. Is there a way to revert back to the old Safari?

I'm using Firefox right now to access the internet and it's working flawlessly. Why I want to use Safari is I want to access my bookmarks that I hadn't transferred over to Firefox yet.

If anyone can enlighten me, that would be great. Thanks.

**UPDATE:
    Ok, I figured it out by myself. I had Piclens installed that was not compatable with the new Safari. I uninstalled it and now Safari works perfectly. Sorry about my stupid post.

2. cooliris macrumors newbie

Solution for Mac with PicLens

Hello Fellow Mac Users:

On behalf of the PicLens team, I'm writing to provide the solution to issues arising from PicLens and the recent Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update with Safari 3.0.4.

Some users of PicLens v.1.5.14 or older are reporting a conflict with the new Mac upgrade, whereby either Safari or PicLens stops working.

The good news is that the solution is fast and simple.

1. Go to View > Remove PicLens
    2. Restart Safari
    3. Reinstall the newest version of PicLens from our website at http://www.piclens.com.

Even if you were already using version PicLens 1.5.15 prior to the Mac update, you may still need to uninstall and reinstall to get everything to go smoothly.

For further support, please kindly visit http://www.piclens.com/support/

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you can now return to enjoying PicLens on your new Safari browser!

Kind regards,
    Alec & The PicLens Team