Safari 3.0.4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lamina, Oct 26, 2007.

1. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Though all the hype of the 10.5 release, we've kind of overlooked something interesting...

Safari 3.0.4... updated from the 3.0.3.

So really, we have justification to say that Safari really IS snappier...

Attached Files:

• Saf.jpg
      Saf.jpg
      File size:
      19.2 KB
      Views:
  2. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

Flash isn't worknig for me =/ Not that I mind getting a Quicktime question mark on every ad instead of the advertisement, but YouTube not working isn't too nice. At least Firefox is going well.

3. lamina thread starter macrumors 68000

lamina

Flash works great for me. Oddly, for about a week before I upgraded, Safari 3.0.3 beta wasn't displaying flash.

4. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

Well, I'm hoping it'll work after a restart, but I restart once a week or two so.. I guess I'll have to go ahead and close the programs and restart.. gah, so lazy.

If that doesn't fix it, I guess I'll try downloading the beta if it's still on the site and reinstalling it.

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

How do I get it on Tiger (is that possible)? Its not in SU or the website...3.03 is really buggy...

6. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Is there any way to have it display tabs at all times, even if I just have one page open? I know you could do this in the 2.x.x version of safari, but I can't find the setting here. The expanding/shrinking bar above is beginning to drive me nuts.

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Shift+Command+T :)

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Im dissapointed. I have no flash in the new safari. I cant watch anything. Its annoying. It was like this in beta versino too!!

9. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

You should have it under Firefox.. trying to find a solution for this.

10. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I dont like firefox though. I like me some safari.

11. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

12. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

13. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

14. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

Alright, finally got it.

If you have Flip4Mac installed, you'll have to go to it's preferences and turn off the internet plug-in. I'm going to tweak a bit and see if I can make them live together.

15. thatinkjar macrumors member

There is also a more recent version of Flash available here. It is still a work-in-progress, but it is the second public release and I've had no problem running either version on Tiger or Leopard. Performance seems a little better, too.

16. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Love ya. Thanks!

17. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

i don't seem to have a problem with flash in Safari and I have flip4mac installed. I haven't tweaked any settings either. Doesn't matter too much though, I usually use FireFox.

18. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

Version?

19. Eluzion macrumors 6502

Flash works fine for me and I have Flip4Mac installed. Performance with Flash is much improved in Leopard from what I've seen. On Tiger, playing a Flash file usually caused Safari to run at 60-80% CPU usage and my fans would kick on. Doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

20. CompUSAMacNerd macrumors member

I am having a horrible time with the new Safari so far.

I have Flip4Mac 2.1.3 installed as well as the new Flash Player 9 which was released on 10/1/2007.

All I get are the Quick Time with the Question Marks, and I am unable to view videos such as YouTube, etc. I see that another person on here is having that same problem.

I went to Flip4Mac's panel and turned off the Internet plug in but I am still not getting it. I uninstalled Flip4Mac and no luck there. I reinstalled it and have the same problem.

I'm at the end of my rope here guys, and I am not sure what to do. My MacBook without Flip is working perfectly and I have zip problems with it, but on this G5 Tower, I can't seem to get /anything/ to work for Safari in regards to video play back, save Apple's commercial's on their webpage. (Go figure)

I could use some brains guys. Please help me?

21. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Is there now a keyboard shortcut for 'Merge All Windows'?

On Safari3beta, picture pages did not have a Scale To Fit ctrl+click option, while Safari2 did. Is it present in 3.04?

22. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

For the time being, you can work with Firefox which does it perfectly. I have "resolved" my issue by turning off the Flip internet plug-in, but I'm still looking at ways to have both work together. Hopefully an update from them if nothing else..

23. CompUSAMacNerd macrumors member

Firefox does not work either, even with the plug in turned off.

24. Lh'owon macrumors newbie

I demand that you upgrade your Avatar to the Leopard dock. 3D or simplified, I'll leave that up to you ;)

25. dfnj123 macrumors 6502