Safari 3.1.1

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MagnumJoe, May 1, 2008.

1. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I really like some of the features in Safari 3.1.1, like Private Browsing and the Dictionary. One of the things I miss though is the drop down in the address bar, that shows the urls you've been. Is there an add-on for that? Firefox 3.0.5 has it but Firefox doesn't have Private Browsing and the Dictionary built in. Any suggestions?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah... it's still there.

And the other features you mentioned aren't new.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

This thread makes no sense.
    Those 'new features' are old features and the drop down of the URLs is still there. Is it possible that you just cleared the history?

4. MagnumJoe thread starter macrumors regular

Tuffluffjimmy, I didn't say they were new features, I said I liked "some of the features in Safari 3.1.1" vs Firefox. In Firefox and IE in the address/navigation bar I don't see the arrow that I normally click on to see the urls I've been to.

5. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

See the "History" menu???

And when you start typing a URL, a dropdown comes down. Between those, you should be set.

6. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Start Typing and it will auto complete based on URLs visited recently and websites you have bookmarked. Pages you visit most often come higher up the list.

You can also open History by clicking on the bookmark item and then choosing History from the list on the left (Command - option - B). You can search through this.

Unlike Firefox though, it searches the contents of the pages you have visited and not just the page titles / urls.

7. MagnumJoe thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you adamfishercox, that works. Sorry if it seemed to be a stupid question but I was expecting to see an arrow in the navigation bar.

8. wordy macrumors regular

wordy

If you always browse with private browsing on, it'll affect the results you see in the dropdown.

9. MagnumJoe thread starter macrumors regular

elppa,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Thanks, wordy