Safari 3.1 and Mac Forums

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by wrldwzrd89, Mar 18, 2008.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Is it just me, or is Safari 3.1 not "understood" by the Mac Rumors forum software? It seems to me that it goes into a very different rendering mode that's far less JavaScripty, unlike how the site renders in IE for Windows. (I'm using the Windows version of Safari 3.1.)

2. markjewiss macrumors member

Just tried it, works ok for me - actually the forums look much better in Safari than they do in IE7. Can post screenshots if you want...

M.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

amazon has problems loading on IE7 sometimes, its been better lately but i dont use IE7 that much anymore

4. gbp007 macrumors newbie

I have vista and i just installed safari and i noticed that on the upper left of the browser there is no safari icon or safari logo ? IE7 and firefox have their respectable logos on the upper left but why doesnt safari ? here is the logo below that im talking about

[​IMG]

5. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Safari doesn't have its logo because Apple wanted to make it look as clean and streamlined as they could. They probably thought it would be cheesy if they put the Safari logo on every page. It's little things like this that only Apple thinks about.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Safari did this to me under Vista earlier today. It does always behave under OS X so maybe its a windows thing...