Safari 3.1 Crashed My Ibook G4 Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mars478, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

THE SAFARI 3.1 DOWNLOAD CRASHED MY IBOOK G4 I REALLY HAVE IMPORTANT FILES ON THERE. IT GETS STUCK AT A BLUE SCREEN WITH THE MOUSE. IT IS A MID 2005 40 GIG HD 512 MEGABYTE RAM COMBODRIVE AIRPORT:confused: ANYONE THAT CAN HELP PLEEEEEEASE DO I AM REALLY ANGRY AND NOW I AM USING A WINDOWS PC:mad: I HATE WINDOWS THANKS EVERYONE
    MARS

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

do you mean after installation of safari 3.1, you rebooted the machine and it stuck at blue screen?

did you try pop in installation disk and do a disk repair?

3. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

YEs it told me to reeboot and it got stuck at blue screen and i dont have the leopard install disc a friend lent it to me

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Reboot, hold command-s (to start in single user)

Follow the on screen instructions for running fsck. If it repairs run it again (until it completes repairs or stops repairing, this also holds for Disk First Aid on the install disk).

---

If that won't work, you will need to borrow the Leopard Install disk again.

5. Mars478 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mars478

OK.. I RAN FSCK AND IT DID ITS CHECK AND IT SAID MY HD WAS FINE, SO IT GOES TO THE BLUE SCREEN AND I THINK ITS GONNA WORK BUT THEN THAT UGLY BLACK SCREEN COMES AND NOW ITS STUCK AT "MAR 18 16:21:54 MACINTOSH-3 mds(55): (Error) Server: mdsync launch failed: (ipc/rcv) timed out" IM SO ANGRYY