Safari 3.2.1 crashes almost everytime!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBoobsPro, Dec 14, 2008.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Any one else find 321 crashes A LOT?

It seems to hang and the only way to get out if force quit and even then it hangs before it quits.

Its fine on my MacBook but PMG5 is getting annoying. I have always been a Safari fan but I'm thinking about installing Firefox. Which for me is a giant friggin leap.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Get an online Developer account (free). Download Safari 4 Developer Preview. Goodbye crashes! I haven't used Safari 3 since the original Safari 3.

3. alexprice macrumors 6502a

4. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

That stuff goes overhead my head so I don't even look at the crash report. I just send it on to Apple.

How do I get an online developer account?

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Right here.

The free one. Bottom left. Once you've done the signy-uppy bit, you can see your available downloads and Safari 4 should be one of them.

6. Alfie macrumors member

This was happening to me lately, and my theory is that it has something to do with the phishing filter in Safari. As soon as i turned that off, the hangs, and lock ups stopped for me.

Go to the Safari menu>>Preferences>>Security
    Uncheck the box that says "Warn when visiting a fraudulent website"

7. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Thanks guys. I remember signing up for a developer 'thingy' for something a while back so I used my Apple ID and it let me in. Just downloading 4 now. However I will also look into the phishing thing too.

Anything good in Safari 4 or is it just back end improvements?

EDIT: 4 just crashed on my laptop after clicking a link to the App store. :(

8. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Sounds like you have an incompatible plugin or Safari extension. If you previously installed any popup blockers or ad blockers or video players you could try removing them from Home folder > Library > Internet Plugins or Computer > Library > Input Methods.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Tanj. :p Well, it's a preview. :rolleyes: It'll be way better as a proper version in Snow Leopard.

10. teacherosb macrumors newbie

Safari 3.2.1. CRASH!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing the "hang" on Safari. I have a school lab of 26 students Grade 1-8. Not a pretty sight to have all of them hang at the same time. Apple's tech response was for me to "archive" and reinstall Safari on all 120 of my various Macs. Where do they get these people from???? Wipe out 120 computers, reinstall and get all updates, reinstall children's software, etc. I'd sooner convert to a PC then do all that! I had a test group uncheck the "phishing" section and no one hung. Sounds like a better saner solution.