Safari 3 and RSS

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jasonbot, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Is there a way to get RSS Tabs in safari kinda like this in Firefox:

Attached Files:

2. aspro macrumors 6502

3. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

Sorry, I forgot got to mention bookmarks. I used the word 'tabs' instead...

Ok, so you know you can make ordinary bookmarks in Safari (cmd-D) Well I want to know if/how to make bookmarks that will show a list of RSS headings if I click on it, it should include a little number in brackets of the unread items or new items since previous visit.

So it has the general look of the firefox screen that I placed above but a little number thingie like this doohickey that I found:
    [​IMG]

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

My RSS bookmarks don't display the headlines in the bookmark, but you do get the number of unread items in parentheses.

5. Jasonbot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

That was just a pic of what it should look like, for figurative purposes.

EDIT: I cant get the unread guy working? AM I just supposed to wait until unread stuff comes along?

6. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

i know what your saying and I wish Safari would do that. If anyone knows how that would be awesome.

7. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Firefox provides RSS functionality called "Live Bookmarks", and no, I haven't found a way to get this in Safari. When adding a bookmark in Firefox, you have the option of adding it as a Live Bookmark as opposed to a normal feed. It is indeed an awesome feature, though. I use Firefox anyway.

8. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

i just like safari better, seems faster. i mean to each his own. i just wish safari would implement that feature.

9. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I know what you mean. Safari 3 is going to be awesome, so I'm excited for that in Leopard. I honestly don't have any problems with Firefox, though. I use no extensions other than AdBlock and bookmark syncing, and only have the default theme installed (the best one out there, imho. Mozilla did a great job with the FF2 theme). I'm looking forward to the native OS X browsing Firefox 3 is going to provide.

My only complaint at the moment is that I can't find that installer to install aqua widgets in Firefox 2. I don't want to use the optimized builds, as lame as it sounds, I'm a long-time firefox fan and can't live without my Mozilla branding.