Safari 3 Beta and Drag and Drop to the Dock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mkrishnan, Jul 21, 2007.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Has anyone noticed anything strange about drag-and-drop to dock icons behavior in Safari 3 Beta? Some things that I'm pretty sure worked before do not seem to work now... like I thought you could drag a picture from inside a Safari window into skitch's icon, and have it come up in Skitch. On my iBook after upgrading, I cannot drag the image onto Skitch or very many other programs, for that matter. Oddly, if I open Skitch, I can drag the image into its window (as opposed to its dock icon), and this works fine. Seems like nothing has changed with my setup except the Safari version (from 2.x to 3.0.2).

Can anyone confirm?

2. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

Personally, I haven't noticed this, but if it was present in Safari 2 but not the latest beta of 3, then it's just a part of the beta syndrome. My guess is Apple wanted to release a public beta as quick as possible and that was relatively stable, so they cut out minor features that only make a difference on OS X. I would imagine this will all be back with the final release of Safari 3.

3. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, I do understand that it's a beta. That's a very good point. I just wanted to know if this was an isolated or global issue. I tested my iMac, which is still on the latest 2.x, and I verified that this function (e.g. drag image to Skitch) works with Safari 2.x on my iMac but not Safari 3.0.2 on my iBook.

Can anyone else try? Especially if they have other image programs? My copy of photoshop is only installed on my iMac, so I can't try that.