Safari 3 gripes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by suneohair, Aug 13, 2007.

1. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Ok. One thing that has been bugging me for a few weeks now is this.

When reloading a page, Safari 3 does return to the previous position. That is very annoying.

Even here, if I make a post, it will load it and move down to that post. Great. If i reload, it goes down and shoots up to the top.

What are your gripes?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is that different from before? Do you mean it does snap to the proper position the first time, and then does not on reload? Or that it does and should not?

The only one I have so far is that when you hold the apple key down while clicking a bookmark, it opens in a new tab. Fine (just like before). What seems to be new is that there's a bit of a lag or grace period involved. I often load several tabs in rapid succession by hitting Apple-T and then clicking on a new link (for the handful of things I look at first thing each morning, for instance). Now I accidentally rather often end up with several extra blank tabs from the apple key overlapping with the click. It didn't seem to happen on Safari 2.

I guess what I need to do is change my practice so I use the Cmd key with the click instead of Cmd-T... but it's sort of a preprogrammed thing by now. :eek:

3. suneohair thread starter macrumors 68020

suneohair

Well, lets take the Engadget coverage of the Mac event last Tuesday. Every time I refreshed instead of loading the previous position (like Camino and most other browsers) it jumps back to the top.

It is rather annoying to have to scroll down. Or here when I want to see if a thread was updated, i hit command-r, it refreshes, pops to my last position. Then pops to the top, which means I have to scroll back down... Quite annoying really.

4. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

main gripe is that it doesn't have mouse gestures...unreal

5. suneohair thread starter macrumors 68020

suneohair

You mean like that weird app for windows?

6. invasian macrumors regular

invasian

not sure what you mean...but mouse gestures is navigating through web pages using your mouse...firefox has mouse gestures: i.e. you hold down the right mouse key and move your mouse left and you move back in your web browser; this is instead of having to move your mouse to the back arrow key and clicking it (waste of time)

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Mine tries to snap back, but then goes back to the top of the page. :confused:

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The only gripe about Safari 3 is that it looks awful on Windows, especially with my current theme when I open the menus.

Oh, and there is the idea that people think beta software should work perfectly. ;) :p