Safari 3 hangs slightly

jstad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
For some reason on both my mac's both with 2GB of RAM. Safari 3 seems to hang for brief periods when it wants to. The hang will last 10 seconds or so then go back to normal. I am using the latest version 3.0.3. Anyone else know a solution or cause of this problem? It happens with no particular site to my awareness.

jellomizer

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Upstate NY
I find it likes to do this while typing in Text Area Boxes... I reported the problem in the old version I got the upgrade it seemed to fix it then it started again after a couple of weeks... I did report it. (I suggest that you do too because if this happens in leapord there will be a huge problem) There is no reason why a one year old MacBook Pro with 3 Gigs of RAM should beachball on typing in text even with the spellchecker.

cdd543

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2006
Denver
I find it likes to do this while typing in Text Area Boxes... I reported the problem in the old version I got the upgrade it seemed to fix it then it started again after a couple of weeks... I did report it. (I suggest that you do too because if this happens in leapord there will be a huge problem) There is no reason why a one year old MacBook Pro with 3 Gigs of RAM should beachball on typing in text even with the spellchecker.

Mine does the same thing..hopefully the leopard version will be more stable.

jstad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Alright, ya I am just getting sick of seeing that cute little circle cursor. :rolleyes:

juxtaposer

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2007
In A Field
For some reason on both my mac's both with 2GB of RAM. Safari 3 seems to hang for brief periods when it wants to. The hang will last 10 seconds or so then go back to normal. I am using the latest version 3.0.3. Anyone else know a solution or cause of this problem? It happens with no particular site to my awareness.
Just need to remember it is still a beta version of Safari. Hopefully Leopard's Safari will be a lot more stable. I too am having moments where it beachballs for no apparent reason. Nothing major, just a bit annoying. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.