Safari 3 hangs slightly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jstad, Oct 22, 2007.

1. jstad macrumors regular

jstad

For some reason on both my mac's both with 2GB of RAM. Safari 3 seems to hang for brief periods when it wants to. The hang will last 10 seconds or so then go back to normal. I am using the latest version 3.0.3. Anyone else know a solution or cause of this problem? It happens with no particular site to my awareness.

2. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

I find it likes to do this while typing in Text Area Boxes... I reported the problem in the old version I got the upgrade it seemed to fix it then it started again after a couple of weeks... I did report it. (I suggest that you do too because if this happens in leapord there will be a huge problem) There is no reason why a one year old MacBook Pro with 3 Gigs of RAM should beachball on typing in text even with the spellchecker.

3. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

Mine does the same thing..hopefully the leopard version will be more stable.

4. jstad thread starter macrumors regular

jstad

Alright, ya I am just getting sick of seeing that cute little circle cursor. :rolleyes:

5. juxtaposer macrumors regular

Just need to remember it is still a beta version of Safari. Hopefully Leopard's Safari will be a lot more stable. I too am having moments where it beachballs for no apparent reason. Nothing major, just a bit annoying. :)