Safari 3: Inline Find + "Type-Ahead" Support?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mediaguru, Jun 22, 2007.

1. mediaguru macrumors regular

The new inline find feature in the Safari 3 beta is incredible. However, I am used to the "search for text when I start typing" feature in Firefox. Does anyone know of a modification or add-on that will allow for this kind of "type ahead" behavior in conjunction with the new inline find bar (i.e. start typing and the find bar pops up automatically with the search term)?

Thanks for any ideas.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. mediaguru thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I did try fiwt and it does provide type-ahead support, but it places the search term in the status bar and provides little visual feedback. If only there were an option in the preferences to trigger the inkine find bar automatically, that would make the new find feature much more handy, imho.....

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

hehe, Im using firefox, so I m not sure how that plugin works, safari3's search is flashing tho, pity it won't let u separate link and text, and won't goto the link when u press Enter.

5. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

I just installed Safari 3 beta, restarted my iMac and for some reason i don't have/can't find the new inline find feature.

Can anyone assist please??

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

cmd+f doesn't work?

BTW, in firefox, u don't need to press any key to start inline searching, just check start search as i type in preference panel, so u can just type what u are searching for directly.