Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whitefang

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
Most programs in OS X stay open when you close them (when you click the red X button) unless you specifically close them from the dock. I think Safari 3 used to have this functionality but now when I close Safari, it "quits" as in all my open tabs are closed. However Safari stays open. Is there a setting to not close the tabs?

Dane D.

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2004
ohio
Most programs in OS X stay open when you close them (when you click the red X button) unless you specifically close them from the dock. I think Safari 3 used to have this functionality but now when I close Safari, it "quits" as in all my open tabs are closed. However Safari stays open. Is there a setting to not close the tabs?
Use command-H, it hides the app.

whitefang

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
From the past week that I've been using OSX, when I first tried it...I remember Safari as not completely closing itself and it was running in the background with my tabs opened. Suddenly, it starts closed the tabs everytime I close it. Maybe a setting was changed?

EroH

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2009
Have you figured this out? I am having the same annoying problem. I guess it isn't really a problem, it's just annoying that I don't know why it would stay open before and now it won't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.