Safari 3 missing characters on ebay site??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johny5, Jan 18, 2008.

1. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

ok so I am browsing ebay.co.uk and notice that characters are missing off peoples adverts, no matter where i go there seems to be characters missing!?
    At first it was "X" and "Q" but i think its random.

if I go here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iMac_W0QQitem...oryZ4603QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the text on safari is as follows:

Welcome to the auction of this iMac G4 PICK UP ONLY This computer is in good working order, you will also get already installed Microsoft Office X, Roxio Toast Lite 5.2.2 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. 800-MHZ Power PC G4 processor 256 MB SDRAM Supports up to 1GB 60GB Ultra ATA hard disk drive Apple SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW) 15-inch active-matrix LCD display with easy height tilt and swivel adjustment. 32MB of DDR video memory Ready for AirPort wireless networking Two 400-Mbps FireWire ports three USB ports THIS COMPUTER IS PICK UP ONLY so if you are unable to pick up please do not bid.

-------end

OMG, ok now its even stranger as I just copied the text from ebay and when I pasted it here ALL of the text is there. All I have done after i pasted the text was highlight the missing characters to show which ones are "invisible" on the ebay page.

I think I only started noticing this a couple of days ago when i thought someone had done a typo on there advert but that just isnt the case :(
    This only seems to happen on ebay pages?

i will close and restart safari to see what happens, but the very same pages display fine in IE (ugh!)

help

2. johny5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

johny5

I closed down Safari and reopened, navigated to that page and it all works ok now.

what a bug!

3. hk8899 macrumors newbie

Thats good that you resolved the problem. Most likely the problem was a temporary error so when you restarted safari it all worked again. :D:cool: