safari 3 question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by savanahrose, Jun 13, 2007.

1. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Is a new version of Safari that will be in Leopard? If so, why are there people who are downloading it to their macs?

sounds like too many problems to deal with. I will be trying it on my windows computer and see if it works. I love the safari.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yes, Safari 3 will come with Leopard and ultimately also be released as a (non-beta) for Windows XP and Vista.

As for why people are downloading it... presumably because they want some of the Leopard preview action and don't have access to full previews of Leopard?

I personally had little interest in trying Safari 3 betas from the beginning, and now that it seems to be problematic, am even less interested in using the beta. :(

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I wont coment on safari 3 beta for windows, since i already did alot in other post

safari 3 for Tiger:
    My guess is there are many things that Tiger's core does NOT support, so apple decide to put some system-level change into the package of safari 3, its 14MB, and apparently these changes is not mature enough.

If I were to use it, it will probably be together with Leopard, no need to de-stable my Tiger for now,. :D