Safari 3 Right-Click Menu

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chelsel, Nov 28, 2007.

1. chelsel macrumors 6502

Let's say I'm not using the keyboard, and I don't want to use the keyboard...

In Safari 2 if I hit the right-mouse button I would get a "BACK" option to go to the previous page. In Safari 3, I will SOMETIMES get this same option, unless the mouse is hovering over some text... then the browser will highlight the text and prompt me to Search Spotlight...

This seems like a pretty bad design... a user is FAR more likely to want to go to the previous page than Search in Spotlight...

Any idea if it's possible to restore the Safari 2 behavior where you ALWAYS get the Back menu option? Either that, or can I just go back to Safari 2?

Thanks,
    Cliff.

No ideas? Am I the only one that thinks this is a step backward from standard browser behavior? Did Steve force this on us? Guess I'll just have to start using Firefox again... and just as I was gaining some respect for Safari... too bad.

2. Zuplar macrumors regular

Zuplar

honestly i just use the shortcuts to go back because to me that is easier. as for the right click, as long as you don't click on a link or texts, it gives you the back feature.

3. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Maybe they figure that if you're using a mouse, why not just use the back button?

4. chelsel thread starter macrumors 6502

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

He means the one in the Safari toolbar.

But you can program just about any of today's fancy-shmancy multi-button mouses to have a button corresponding to Command-Left Arrow or Command-[, which are keyboard shortcuts for Back.

I've always got my back button right above my thumb.