Safari 3 Settings Have Changed Dialog and Other Weird Behavior

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sonictruth, Dec 14, 2007.

1. sonictruth macrumors member

I am hoping/assuming it's just me but still want to ask if this is a recurring problem and if there's a solution:

-- Safari 3, in Tiger 10.4.11 for PPC, crashed on me yesterday, and many settings had changed when I restarted it. My home page reverted to apple's default, my new RSS feeds lost their color indicator (new and old were all gray, preferences indicated the box was unchecked), and a few other prefs were different. Even the dimensions of the Safari window were different. I guess this happens sometimes? So, I changed them all back to normal, except for choosing a new color for new RSS feeds, and...

-- When quitting the Safari 3 app earlier today, I had a dialog box that stated 'Settings Have Changed - Do you want to keep them?' I've never seen this before. Is this a new behavior of Safari 3? So, I said keep to the new settings, and...

-- I did the QT security update, restarted, opened Safari, and my prefs were all back to the way they were before yesterday's crash, not the new settings I made after the crash. So, I'm confused...

Thanks for any thoughts or similar experiences - it's just not a typical Mac behavior and inconsistent with my 4 yrs of Mac OS X use...

2. sadie-lady macrumors newbie

sadie-lady

I'm on 10.4 and have been gettting that same message for months now - and lately Safari crashes opening YouTube.